There are 3 common forms of estrogen namely estradiol, estrone, and estriol. Each has a particular function in the body, and they also interact with each other.
What is estriol?
Estriol is a type of estrogen made in the ovaries. It is one of the main hormones of pregnancy, and studies have shown that it is a safe and effective hormone for menopausal women. Estriol has been used safely as a symptom-relieving HRT treatment for many years and also offers several health benefits to women going through menopause.
How can estriol help me?
Women are often disturbed by the changes taking place in the body caused by menopausal symptoms. Many are also seeking safe, effective HRT treatment.
Listed here are some of the benefits of estriol treatment, which comprehensive research results have indicated:
- Hot flashes. Estriol is known to banish the sudden heat rush that seems to envelop your entire body.
- Blood clots. The estrogens, estradiol, and estrone have been shown by studies to increase the risk of deep-vein thrombosis, which can lead to death from a blood clot. Research has shown that estriol does not promote the forming of blood clots in the veins.
- Breast and uterine cancer. A study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association showed that estriol protects against breast and uterine cancer. It further stated that estriol is an effective and safe HRT for breast cancer survivors.
- Aging skin. Menopause causes the skin to age more rapidly when estrogens which give the skin elasticity, begin decreasing. Recent studies have shown that estriol applied to the face as a skin cream actually reverses wrinkling and improves elasticity.
- Urinary tract infections. A common problem at menopause is the degeneration of the vagina lining, which makes it susceptible to the bacteria that cause urinary infections. Research has conclusively proved the use of an estriol vaginal cream helps to prevent these infections.
How can I supplement estriol?
The closest to the human hormones is the Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) which is manufactured in a laboratory from natural plant compounds. BHRT has the same structure as the hormones produced in the human body. Intensive studies have shown that BHRT is much safer than conventional HRT, with minimal side effects, which seldom occur if the correct hormonal balance is achieved.
Live well because you can!
At Renew Health and Wellness, we help you regain your vitality and quality of life with natural hormone replacement therapy, also known as BHRT. Our expert medical team can give you all the help you may need.