Glutathione is a powerful antioxidant found in every cell in the body. It is made of three types of molecules known as amino acids. Amino acids combine in different patterns to make all the proteins in the body. One unique thing about Glutathione is that the body can make it in the liver, which is not true of most antioxidants.
Glutathione has many important functions, including:
- Making DNA, the building blocks of proteins and cells
- Supporting immune function
- Forming sperm cells
- Breaking down some free radicals
- Helping certain enzymes function
- Regenerating vitamins C and E
- Transporting mercury out of the brain
- Helping the liver and gallbladder deal with fats
- Assisting regular cell death (a process is known as apoptosis)
Glutathione levels decrease as a result of aging, stress, and toxin exposure. Boosting Glutathione may provide many health benefits, including reduction of oxidative stress.
Uses & Possible Effectiveness for Glutathione: