Help your body guard against virus’
with weekly Glutathione & MIC treatments
What is bloating?
Bloating is an abnormal, general swelling of the abdomen area, which often causes pain and excessive gas. Studies have shown that bloating is rifer than ever these days, mainly due to poor diets, high-stress levels, and the need for daily medications.1
The uncomfortable belly swelling can sometimes indicate an underlying medical problem such as candida, serious digestive disorders, allergy, or even some cancers.2
Having a bloated stomach does not signify that you have gained an actual fat mass around the stomach. Fortunately, in most cases bloating isn’t anything to be concerned about, as it is usually caused by air becoming trapped around the abdomen, mainly in the colon.
Making some changes in your eating habits and diet normally helps to ease the problem.
Some common causes of a bloated and swollen belly
There are many factors which can contribute to bloating, but the most common are usually digestive problems. However, there is also a chance that underlying health issues may be present which could indicate a visit to the doctor for a thorough examination.
Here are some physical reasons why you might have a bloated or distended belly:3
- Infection which gives rise to inflammation, especially in the region of the pelvic, urinary and intestinal organs.
- Food allergies, such as lactose and gluten intolerances, always cause gas and bloating.
- Gastro-intestinal disorders such as IBS, ulcerative colitis, and celiac disease (chronic, severe gluten intolerance) have major gas and stomach distending symptoms, which are often painful.
- Chronic constipation which causes stool to remain in the intestines, and is difficult to be eliminated, leaves you with a hard, painful, swollen stomach
- Swelling combined with nausea after eating may signify a peptic ulcer, or even a liver problem.
- Premenstrual tension is also known to cause some bloating due mainly to water retention, which is normal at certain times of the month, but fortunately passes quite quickly.
It is obvious that most of the above are related to issues of diet and poor eating habits. However, stress and anxiety also impact digestion in a huge way, although not directly related to eating. Stress can make your colon to go into spasms which trap gas from partly digested food and causes pain and swelling.4
Foods to avoid if you have bloating issues
Here are some foods that might be making your bloating worse:5
- Most dairy products should be avoided, including flavored yogurt with sugar and or artificial sweeteners, as you could be a bit lactose intolerant.
- Refined grains, and other grain products which contain gluten, because even if you are not gluten intolerant, grain products are not easy to digest, so are a big no-no.
- Legumes, such as beans which promote gas and wind.
- Other foods to avoid which are known to cause wind and bloating include onions, broccoli, cabbage, and cauliflower.
- Sugar and other sweet snacks are pure acid bombs, which ferment quickly in the gut and contribute to inflammation and candida problems.
- In some case, certain types of fermentable fruits like apples and peaches may also need to be avoided.
The more information you can gather regarding your reactions to different foods, the better idea you will have as to what sets off episodes of bloating. This will help you to create a new diet and eliminate the sneaky foods which make you swell up.
Natural ways you can use to help reduce bloating
Bloating is not life-threatening. However, research has shown that 1 in 10 Americans regularly suffer from some form of stomach bloating, and many doctors agree that the problem has almost reached epidemic proportions, chiefly because of poor lifestyle habits.6
Here are some ways to help you deal with the uncomfortable, sometimes painful issue of a swollen belly:7, 8
- Get some regular exercise. Being active will help your digestive system function better so it can fight constipation, and keep the blood flow moving.
- Drink enough water to flush out the intestines, eliminate acid build-up, and help fiber do its work efficiently.
- Probiotic supplements are an excellent way to go and should be taken daily. Probiotic foods such as live-cultured yogurt, dark chocolate, and pickled vegetables including cucumber, have a high quantity of probiotics.
- Water-rich fruits and veggies that provide water, electrolytes, and beneficial enzymes, are great for helping to relieve stomach bloating in a natural manner. These include fruits such melons, especially watermelon, all types of berries, as well as veggies like leafy greens, cucumber, celery, and carrots. You will get the most benefit from the vegetables when eaten raw or steamed.
- Natural herbs which aid digestion like ginger, fennel, oregano, and rosemary, have been used through the ages to ease a painful belly. Some herbs also have diuretic properties that help release excess fluid from the body and are a major help in relieving constipation.
- Drinking herbal teas, and adding freshly ground spices to your food like parsley, will also do a great job of reducing the discomfort of stomach bloating.
Studies have shown that there are many different factors which may cause abdominal bloating, but unless there is a lurking medical reason which would have to be treated separately, the main culprit points to poor eating and lifestyle habits.9
There is no magic and no illusion
There is no magic pill that can clear up a bloating problem. Unless you are prepared to embrace new eating habits and a healthy lifestyle, you should not be under any illusion that it will just go away by itself.
You may even want to lose some weight, and healthy eating will help this happen. You may effectively be able to conquer two problems at the same time – bloating and overweight!
We can help!
The Clean Start Weight Loss Program is a medically designed and supervised program created to eliminate the body’s fat deposits, specifically created to target the abdomen, hip and upper thigh area, neck and face.10
You will also learn how to implement a healthy eating, plan and cultivate healthy lifestyle habits.
For more information visit us at www.renewmetoday.com to take the Healthy Eating and Weight Loss Survey to see if you are a candidate for our excellent program.