How Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy can help you to Stay Sexually Healthy as You Age
It’s not true that sex has to expire as you get older.
Sex can be a powerful emotional experience and great for improving health. It is not only for the young, and although sex over the age of 55 or 60 may present some challenges related to the aging process, these problems can be overcome.1
Just because you are getting older, it doesn’t mean that your sex life has to suffer unduly. As we age, our bodies change, and some of these changes may affect our sex lives. This can lead to making sex less pleasurable, or having difficulties with sexual arousal.2
Communicating with your partner and having a frank, open discussion about the sexual issues and concerns, can be a big step forward to help solve any problems.3
Taking care of your overall health can also help you maintain an active sex life as you get older.
The need for intimacy on a physical and emotional is as old as time, and research has shown that you can enjoy sex for as long as you wish to. There is no cut-off line between happy couples.4
The benefits of sex as you age 5
- Sex can burn calories, reduce anxiety, improve physical and mental health.
- A good sex life can help to extend your lifespan.
- Can help to maintain the closeness of your relationship with your partner, no matter how long you may have been together.
- Sometimes intimacy with your loved one can give an opportunity to escape the realities of the world around you.
Some age-related changes in sexual health
Growing older will inevitably lead to body and hormonal changes – and sexual health may be compromised by hormonal, as well as other conditions.
Here are some of them:6
- In women, hormonal changes after menopause or a hysterectomy which can lead to low estrogen levels, may cause the vagina to become narrower, and less lubricated, making sex uncomfortable for both partners.
- In men, getting older often presents an increased risk of erectile dysfunction because of falling testosterone levels.
- Health problems are more common as one ages, and some age-related conditions can also affect sexual satisfaction in both men and women. These include: arthritis, diabetes, heart disease, chronic pain, and stroke.
- Possible psychological issues of getting older may make sex less enjoyable for some people.
Most of these conditions, unless there are underlying medical conditions, can be successfully treated and managed, to keep your sexuality alive for a long time to come.
Slowing down the aging process
Nobody can stop the aging process. At best, with diet, lifestyle changes, and good health you may only slow it down a bit. There are however, many ways to preserve your sexual health as you get older.7
- Always pay attention to your overall health. Get regular medical check-ups, exercise moderately on a daily basis, eat a healthy diet, cut down on smoking and alcohol intake.
- Reducing stress can help you keep your sex-life active and satisfying.
- An important part of sexual health is communicating well with your partner about his or her sexual desires, or concerns.
- Get involved in social activities at your community center, and meet new people as often as you can. This can help to keep you young at heart, and positive about dealing with aging issues.
- Cultivate good lifestyle habits, improve your diet, lose some weight if you need to, cut down smoking, and reduce alcohol intake as well. Contrary to popular belief, alcohol is not an aphrodisiac.
Maintaining a healthy sex life as you age 8,9
- No matter what your age, if you have a sexual problem that you are concerned about, pay a visit to the doctor to discuss the hassles.
- Very often it can involve a hormonal problem for both men and women such as falling estrogen or testosterone levels. A simple blood test will indicate the status of your hormone health, and if you need HRT treatment, bio-identical hormone replacement therapy, (BHRT) is a completely natural way to go.
- There are no serious side effects, as contained in the chemically manufactured, artificial, traditional hormone replacement drugs. BHRT hormones are exactly the same as the hormones manufactured in the body, while the chemical drugs bear absolutely no resemblance to the body hormones.
- A visit to the doctor could also identify, and possible treatment, should there be an underlying health problem. Not all health problems are serious as it could be something quite simple like adjusting blood pressure medication, diabetes drugs, or even some antidepressants, which may cause a sexual dysfunction like impotence or low libido.
- If there are no health or medication problems, a number of successful, natural ways like good lifestyle habits will be beneficial to treat sexual issues people may experience as they age.
- There is no cut-off age to enjoy sex. Don’t assume that your sexual health disappears with age like mist in the wind. With the right attitude, you can remain sexually active for a long while yet.
Sex in later life may not be as easy or the same as it was when you were younger, but it is possible to still be a really good thing in your life. In fact, without all the distractions of being younger, it has the potential to be more enjoyable than ever.
How we can help you
If you are concerned about your libido as you are growing older, and feel you need to pump it up a little, we can help.
If you would like to boost your estrogen or testosterone levels, we can offer you the BHRT natural hormones, which are exactly the same as the hormones in the body, and are free of side effects, especially when the correct dose is administered.10
The procedures followed at Renew Health and Wellness, are designed to deliver lasting improvement in sexual performance and effectively treat low libido.
To find out more about the BHRT treatment and the other services we offer:
Log onto www.renewmetoday.com and see how we can help you.